Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Master Cleanser - Lemonade Diet "Support Message Board" We can do it!
Register Chat
 
 
 


Reply
 
Author Comment
 
yllwroseblm

Registered: 05/15/08
Posts: 106
Reply with quote  #1 

Vegeman - I have a 2 year old child with multiple food allergies.  He's allergic to ground nuts, tree nuts (peanuts, almonds, etc. - all of them), soy, milk, rice and chocolate.  If he's exposed to any trace amounts of these products he becomes very congested and breaks out in a rash.  We're still trying to determine if there are any other food allergies.  The problem with the congestion is that he ends up aspirating the fluids into his lungs and he ends up with pneumonia. He's had pneumonia five times already and he's only two.  Because he's been on so many antibiotics we have to be really careful with antiobiotics because he obtained c-difficile from being on them so much.  He's had tubes put in his ears twice (ear infections due to fluid) and his adenoids taken out.  He's also been diagnosed with asthma and reflux.  The doctors had him on all kinds of medicine and I finally took him off the singulair (allergy med) and lowered his prevacid (reflux med).  He still takes the prevacid and asthma medication.  But anyways - that's a little of the background.

He's congested again right now and I was wondering if I could/should give him some of this oatmeal water.  This is the first I've heard of this water and I'm hopeful it might help deter this congestion from going to pneumonia.  What are your thoughts? 

vegeman

Moderator
Registered: 01/04/08
Posts: 3,683
Reply with quote  #2 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yllwroseblm
Vegeman - I have a 2 year old child with multiple food allergies.  He's allergic to ground nuts, tree nuts (peanuts, almonds, etc. - all of them), soy, milk, rice and chocolate.  If he's exposed to any trace amounts of these products he becomes very congested and breaks out in a rash.  We're still trying to determine if there are any other food allergies.  The problem with the congestion is that he ends up aspirating the fluids into his lungs and he ends up with pneumonia. He's had pneumonia five times already and he's only two.  Because he's been on so many antibiotics we have to be really careful with antiobiotics because he obtained c-difficile from being on them so much.  He's had tubes put in his ears twice (ear infections due to fluid) and his adenoids taken out.  He's also been diagnosed with asthma and reflux.  The doctors had him on all kinds of medicine and I finally took him off the singulair (allergy med) and lowered his prevacid (reflux med).  He still takes the prevacid and asthma medication.  But anyways - that's a little of the background.

He's congested again right now and I was wondering if I could/should give him some of this oatmeal water.  This is the first I've heard of this water and I'm hopeful it might help deter this congestion from going to pneumonia.  What are your thoughts? 


I can not give you medical advise, but I would certainly give it a try with strict observation in the beginning. I can't imagine it could do him any harm and it could quite likely help him considerably with his ailments.

When my daughter was 4 years old she had a rare disease called Kawasaki's which primarily affects only Japanese children (she is blond and blue eyed). She could not take anything by mouth, not even water and had a fever that ranged from 105 to 107 degrees. The doctors could not do any more for her and gave up telling me she would die. I started giving her eyedropper fulls of oatmeal water, and within hours she could take teaspoon fulls, the next day she was able to drink the oatmeal water from a glass. Within 4 more days she was released from the hospital. They predicted she would suffer heart and brain defects as a result and none of that happened. She is now 30 years old and the proud mother of my 3 year old grandaughter.

IMHO, oatmeal water saved her life!

Please report back your results.

...vegeman


__________________
"LET THE BEAUTY YOU LOVE BE WHAT YOU DO"...Rumi
For Master Cleanser Products, visit: http://TheLemonadeDiet.com
Mynx

Registered: 05/10/08
Posts: 34
Reply with quote  #3 
What a wonderful story vegeman, how lucky she is to have you for a father. My heart goes out to you Rose, I hope you find something that works.

I have not seen anything before this post on oatmeal water, is there a link that has more information?

Thanks!


__________________



vegeman

Moderator
Registered: 01/04/08
Posts: 3,683
Reply with quote  #4 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynx
What a wonderful story vegeman, how lucky she is to have you for a father. My heart goes out to you Rose, I hope you find something that works.

I have not seen anything before this post on oatmeal water, is there a link that has more information?

Thanks!

Amazingly I can find nothing online, I read about it in the book Back To Eden by Jethro Kloss. I drink oatmeal water whenever I feel "out of sorts" or if I'm in the company of others who a sick, sneezing, coughing, etc. It's very good for your whole digestive track also.

If I remember correctly, Kloss did an experiment with 2 railroad crews. One crew drank only pure water, the other only oatmeal water, members of the "water only" crew got sick over the winter season with colds and flu (some repeatedly), whereas the "oatmeal water crew" had no reported illness. It works well as a preventative and is also a refreshing drink to enjoy anytime.

I'm anxious to see what it does for Mevon7.

...vegeman

__________________
"LET THE BEAUTY YOU LOVE BE WHAT YOU DO"...Rumi
For Master Cleanser Products, visit: http://TheLemonadeDiet.com
Mevon7

Registered: 12/08/07
Posts: 325
Reply with quote  #5 
First, my prayers go out to you and your son, yllwroseblm. Please let us know how everything works out.
But I wanted to just share my brief, yet pretty impressive experience with oatmeal water so far!

For the past 2 weeks I have had a persistent cough- it started off dry and gut-wrenching. I was practically falling over, the cough was so harsh. It then developed into a cough which produced mucous, and wasn't as physically straining.
I started drinking the oatmeal water yesterday evening, and have been drinking it all throughout the day today- the water itself really is incredibly soothing- and what I notice is that I am coughing less, and there is a SIGNIFICANT decrease in the amount of mucous in my lungs.

Vegeman, I can't thank you enough- this really seems to be helping! I'm gonna throw this one on the shelf with apple cider vinegar and pure castile soap!!!

yllwroseblm

Registered: 05/15/08
Posts: 106
Reply with quote  #6 
Thanks all for the prayers and advice.  I made the water after work today and I was able to get him to drink about 4 ounces before bed and I'll try to give him more tomorrow.  His cough has been getting worse and we've had to start nebulizer treatments...but hopefully we don't have to do that very long if the oatmeal is able to break this up! 

Another question...I haven't researched it yet but I plan too after I write this...I'm having unusual back pain since breaking the cleanse.  It's been getting progressively worse and it feels as though it's in my spine.  I thought maybe it's a bowel movement so I made me some soothe move tea for tonight to try to help things along...just wondering if anyone else has had this...?
Mynx

Registered: 05/10/08
Posts: 34
Reply with quote  #7 

Rose, just wondering how your son is doing now and if the oatmeal water continud to help! Hope you are feeling better as well. Keep us posted!


__________________



yllwroseblm

Registered: 05/15/08
Posts: 106
Reply with quote  #8 
Hi Mynx,

I think the oatmeal water did help.  At least it seemed to break up the congestion.  Right away his cough became more productive rather than the wheezing asthmatic cough he usually has and he's doing a lot better now.  Just a little runny nose.  I'm going to be making some more oatmeal water tonight for him and try to continue to give it to him as a maintenance effort to see if it helps him.  Thanks for thinking of me!
vegeman

Moderator
Registered: 01/04/08
Posts: 3,683
Reply with quote  #9 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yllwroseblm
Hi Mynx,

I think the oatmeal water did help.  At least it seemed to break up the congestion.  Right away his cough became more productive rather than the wheezing asthmatic cough he usually has and he's doing a lot better now.  Just a little runny nose.  I'm going to be making some more oatmeal water tonight for him and try to continue to give it to him as a maintenance effort to see if it helps him.  Thanks for thinking of me!

I'm glad to hear your son is doing better. Keep the oatmeal water on hand and encourage him to drink it whenever thirsty instead of plain water, his condition should continue to improve.

The oatmeal water is as much a preventative as a cure, it lubricates the whole system including the intestines, but especially the mucus membranes, helping to expectorate all those toxins and the putrefied matter that may be "stuck" in his respiratory system.

...vegeman

__________________
"LET THE BEAUTY YOU LOVE BE WHAT YOU DO"...Rumi
For Master Cleanser Products, visit: http://TheLemonadeDiet.com
Blewberrybell

Registered: 10/29/07
Posts: 107
Reply with quote  #10 

How do you make this oatmeal water?

Lori

Registered: 05/15/08
Posts: 100
Reply with quote  #11 
Here ya go:

Originally posted by vegeman:

Quote:
Drink copious quantities of "oatmeal water" all day long. it produces a clean, clear and healthy mucus that flushes out the old mucus that is contaminated with all sorts of stuff, including pus; this old mucus is a breeding ground for bacteria and viral infection.

Jethro Kloss in his book "Back to Eden" claims "oatmeal water" and cayenne to be two key ingredients for a healthy body.

  • 4 heaping Tbsp. (or more) oatmeal (not instant)
  • 4 quarts of water.
Bring water to a boil, add oatmeal, reduce heat to simmer for 20 minutes, remove from heat and let sit until almost cool, whisk and strain out the oatmeal; the cloudy water that's left is oatmeal water. Drink throughout the day, shake well before pouring into glass. Continue for 2 - 3 days or until symptoms are gone.

I have rescued many people from a variety if respiratory illness with this natural cure.

This water is nutritious and is also good for a soup stock.

...vegeman


Blewberrybell

Registered: 10/29/07
Posts: 107
Reply with quote  #12 

Thanks - I wish I'd known about this two months ago my husband had a horrible cold/flu cough for 2 months and went through three rounds of antibiotics and nothing helped. 

vegeman

Moderator
Registered: 01/04/08
Posts: 3,683
Reply with quote  #13 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori
Here ya go:

Originally posted by vegeman:


Hey Lori,

Thanks for covering my back! AND...thanks for all your contributions on this message board, you're a real asset to all serious cleansers here.

...vegeman

__________________
"LET THE BEAUTY YOU LOVE BE WHAT YOU DO"...Rumi
For Master Cleanser Products, visit: http://TheLemonadeDiet.com
Lori

Registered: 05/15/08
Posts: 100
Reply with quote  #14 
vegeman- No problem. This board has helped me change my life. I haven't completed a full cleanse yet but my eating habits have completely changed. Talking about it/writing about it helps me keep on track.

I can't believe how much better I feel now that I'm eating right. I also can't believe how full I feel once I add up my calories for the day and realize I'm eating between 800-1000.

Before, I was always hungry and I swear I was consuming AT LEAST 3500 calories a day. And, I'm a 5'3" (started this board at 130), 120lb woman. I don't know how I stayed thin for so long when I was eating so poorly. I gained about 25 pounds in the last 9 months and felt horrible all the time.

So, I can only imagine how great I'm going to feel once I start my cleanse on 6/6... I'm more than prepared!

yllwroseblm

Registered: 05/15/08
Posts: 106
Reply with quote  #15 
Hey - just popping in for an update on my son.  He's had virtually no congestion for about a week now and I've been giving him the oatmeal water as much as he'll drink it - about +/- 4 glasses a day.  The other day he was exposed to butter on accident and his stomach broke out in a rash but no congestion!  Praise God!  He didn't have his reflux medicine on Saturday morning and I had forgotten on Sunday and he showed no symptoms so I dared not to give him any today and see if the oatmeal water will be enough....!


Lori

Registered: 05/15/08
Posts: 100
Reply with quote  #16 
Hey Rose! I'm glad to hear your son is doing well. How are you doing? Are you still on your second cleanse?

4 more days for me...

vegeman

Moderator
Registered: 01/04/08
Posts: 3,683
Reply with quote  #17 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yllwroseblm
Hey - just popping in for an update on my son.  He's had virtually no congestion for about a week now and I've been giving him the oatmeal water as much as he'll drink it - about +/- 4 glasses a day.  The other day he was exposed to butter on accident and his stomach broke out in a rash but no congestion!  Praise God!  He didn't have his reflux medicine on Saturday morning and I had forgotten on Sunday and he showed no symptoms so I dared not to give him any today and see if the oatmeal water will be enough....!

This is wonderful news, I have so much faith in the oatmeal water and have witnessed so many positive responses. We can both be thankful that your son tolerates the taste, it will grow on you but some people don't like oatmeal and therefore don't like the water either.

Even if you can't completely wean him off the meds for the time being at least it is helping with the congestion. All in good time. I really appreciate you posting this update and hope you'll continue to keep us posted.

...vegeman

__________________
"LET THE BEAUTY YOU LOVE BE WHAT YOU DO"...Rumi
For Master Cleanser Products, visit: http://TheLemonadeDiet.com
yllwroseblm

Registered: 05/15/08
Posts: 106
Reply with quote  #18 
Hey Lori,

I did the cleanse for another three days and caved.  So just another mini cleanse.  I'll do it again - I had a hard time staying on it for various reasons but one is that there's a slight slight possibility I might be preggo again.  I went off the pill for my first cleanse because I didn't want to be on any meds during it and.....well......hubby and I completely forgot in the heat of the moment .  It was just once, but ya just never know and I don't want any harm to be done in case I am preggo. 
Lori

Registered: 05/15/08
Posts: 100
Reply with quote  #19 
I would definitely wait until you find out for sure! That's the safe thing to do. I'm starting again Friday so hopefully you'll pop in once in awhile and give me some support!

Let me know what happens!

yllwroseblm

Registered: 05/15/08
Posts: 106
Reply with quote  #20 

Hey - if you're interested.....my son has been off all meds for over a week now!    I continue to give him oatmeal water and keep him away from all his allergy foods.  No congestion at all for about two weeks.  Seriously - this is might be a record since he's been born.  With the congestion he'd usually get ear infections with green stuff coming out of his ears and there's nothing......absolutely nothing.  Not even a sniffle.  I can't tell you how great this has been so far.  I'm so grateful I found this site - not only for the oatmeal water but for the healthy information and support everyone gives here.  Thank You!

vegeman

Moderator
Registered: 01/04/08
Posts: 3,683
Reply with quote  #21 
Quote:
Originally Posted by yllwroseblm
Hey - if you're interested.....my son has been off all meds for over a week now!    I continue to give him oatmeal water and keep him away from all his allergy foods.  No congestion at all for about two weeks.  Seriously - this is might be a record since he's been born.  With the congestion he'd usually get ear infections with green stuff coming out of his ears and there's nothing......absolutely nothing.  Not even a sniffle.  I can't tell you how great this has been so far.  I'm so grateful I found this site - not only for the oatmeal water but for the healthy information and support everyone gives here.  Thank You!


This news makes my heart sing!

Someone once told me a parent can only be as happy as their saddest child, and I can only imagine how relieved you must be and how much more freedom your son feels.

You're a great mom, many others would have shrugged off the oatmeal water as just another "quack" remedy. Keep up the good work!

...vegeman

__________________
"LET THE BEAUTY YOU LOVE BE WHAT YOU DO"...Rumi
For Master Cleanser Products, visit: http://TheLemonadeDiet.com
yllwroseblm

Registered: 05/15/08
Posts: 106
Reply with quote  #22 
hey vegeman - just an update.  almost a month now since we've started the oatmeal water.  not a single runny nose.  no meds either.  no inhalers, no reflux meds, no allergy meds.  i'm very interested to see allergy test results during the next appointment.  it's been so nice to be able to kiss my son without having to wipe off his mucus.  the oatmeal water has been the best thing for my son. 

do you know of anything for styes?  that's the only thing we seem to be dealing with now.  he gets multiple styes all the time.  one time he had five.  three in one eye and two in the other.  i wash his eyelids but nothing seems to help.  just wondering if you know of any natural remedies. 

thanks again for the oatmeal water.  i share with anyone and everyone who asks how he's doing that the oatmeal water has been such a blessing to us!
vegeman

Moderator
Registered: 01/04/08
Posts: 3,683
Reply with quote  #23 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yllwroseblm
hey vegeman - just an update.  almost a month now since we've started the oatmeal water.  not a single runny nose.  no meds either.  no inhalers, no reflux meds, no allergy meds.  i'm very interested to see allergy test results during the next appointment.  it's been so nice to be able to kiss my son without having to wipe off his mucus.  the oatmeal water has been the best thing for my son. 

do you know of anything for styes?  that's the only thing we seem to be dealing with now.  he gets multiple styes all the time.  one time he had five.  three in one eye and two in the other.  i wash his eyelids but nothing seems to help.  just wondering if you know of any natural remedies. 

thanks again for the oatmeal water.  i share with anyone and everyone who asks how he's doing that the oatmeal water has been such a blessing to us!

Thanks again for the update. Oatmeal water has proved just short of miraculous in so many peoples lives. It's good to have yet another testimonial. Please keep checking in with updates, I realy appreciate them.

As far as styes are concerned, never squeeze or attempt to "pop" a stye, it only increases the chances of infection. There are glands around the eyelashes that get clogged to form the stye and they usually open and drain by themselves within a few days.

Here's some suggestions; always make sure your hands (and your son's if possible) are washed with antibacterial soap before touching the eye area. Boil a cloth to sterilize it and let it cool down to warm (not hot), then hold it to the eye as a compress for 4 - 5 minutes and repeat four or five times a day until it opens and drains. Once the stye is drained apply a tea bag (black tea) that has been soaked in very warm water. The tannic acid in the tea bag will shrink the stye and help to keep it from being reinfected.

In the rare case that the styes are on the inside of the eyelid a doctor should be consulted, often they have to be lanced under sterile conditions.

Hope this helps. Please let me know.

...vegeman

__________________
"LET THE BEAUTY YOU LOVE BE WHAT YOU DO"...Rumi
For Master Cleanser Products, visit: http://TheLemonadeDiet.com
yllwroseblm

Registered: 05/15/08
Posts: 106
Reply with quote  #24 

thanks for the advice on styes.  i've never attempted to pop one!  I just thought that would be too painful!  Plus he'd never hold still long enough.  That's why I'vnever been able to do the compresses...he just turned two and stilling still isn't in his nature..!  Anyways...I will try what you wrote and I appreciate the time you've given to help my son.  I can't wait for his next doctor's appointment to tell them what oatmeal water has done for my son!

vegeman

Moderator
Registered: 01/04/08
Posts: 3,683
Reply with quote  #25 
Quote:
Originally Posted by yllwroseblm

thanks for the advice on styes.  i've never attempted to pop one!  I just thought that would be too painful!  Plus he'd never hold still long enough.  That's why I'vnever been able to do the compresses...he just turned two and stilling still isn't in his nature..!  Anyways...I will try what you wrote and I appreciate the time you've given to help my son.  I can't wait for his next doctor's appointment to tell them what oatmeal water has done for my son!

I hope your doctor is open minded, more times than not they find fault with natural/alternative treatments vs traditional medicines, claiming the cure was placebo and/or coincidental.

If doctors were healers they'd put themselves out of business. Healers treat the whole body and the source of the ailment, medical "pratictioners" all to often treat only the symptoms. Many doctors also have a hard time admitting that the body, in most cases, has the power to completely heal itself naturally when given the proper treatment.

...vegeman

__________________
"LET THE BEAUTY YOU LOVE BE WHAT YOU DO"...Rumi
For Master Cleanser Products, visit: http://TheLemonadeDiet.com
Flower19

Registered: 01/06/13
Posts: 2
Reply with quote  #26 
Hello, my friend told me about the oat water but she did not tell me to boil it, so what I do at night is to leave the water with the oats in the fridge, and on the following morning, I remove the oat and drink the water left. Am I doing it wrong? My main issue is constipation  If you have any advice  I would really appreciate. Thank you! 
vegeman

Moderator
Registered: 01/04/08
Posts: 3,683
Reply with quote  #27 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower19
Hello, my friend told me about the oat water but she did not tell me to boil it, so what I do at night is to leave the water with the oats in the fridge, and on the following morning, I remove the oat and drink the water left. Am I doing it wrong? My main issue is constipation  If you have any advice  I would really appreciate. Thank you! 


I think you'd do better with the oatmeal water if you followed the instructions found in post #11.

For constipation, 10 days on the MC/Lemonade Diet would work wonders. If you do not intend to do a cleanse here's some suggestions...

Mineral oil coats the intestinal surface so that water isn't absorbed into the body. The extra water swells and softens the stool. The lubrication also eases passage of the stool. It is recommended that mineral oil not be taken for more than a few days and there are warnings about taking it for over a week.
 
Peristalsis (the wavelike muscular contractions of the intestine) is necessary for regularity of the bowel and is best served by increasing the amount of fiber in your diet which can be found naturally in fruits, vegetables (especially beans, peas etc.) and whole-grain breads and cereals. The finely ground powder of psyllium seed husk is recommended for those who have a low fiber diet.
 
Other natural cures for constipation and irregularity are increasing your daily intake of fluids (pure water or oatmeal water is best); making sure you drink no less than two quarts a day (more is better) and exercise, especially aerobic exercise is very good, often prompting a movement shortly after a session, a brisk 20 minute walk every day would also be helpful, see this article on WebMd, click on: Exercise to Ease Constipation.
 
I hope this helps...
 
...vegeman

__________________
"LET THE BEAUTY YOU LOVE BE WHAT YOU DO"...Rumi
For Master Cleanser Products, visit: http://TheLemonadeDiet.com
Flower19

Registered: 01/06/13
Posts: 2
Reply with quote  #28 
Thank you so much vegeman for your reply!!!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Powered by Website Toolbox - Create a Website Forum Hosting, Guestbook Hosting, or Website Chat Room for your website.